Sierra Residency @ Bandar Kinrara
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

2010  2013  2012  number  2015  contact  

Latest topics
» Any resident want to sell their unit?
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:06 pm by sierrabk5b

» looking for babysitter in SR
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 7:57 am by Admin

» Block B, Level 9 For Rent
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 pm by Saiful

» Our beloved SR is a role model for others!
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 pm by Saiful

» Condo penthouse fire uncovers meth making lab
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 pm by Admin

» Giving away new baby sarong stand/ frame.
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 6:06 pm by Guest

» Former DPM speaks about losing his family to Highland Towers disaster
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:48 pm by sierrabk5b

» Newborn baby girl found dumped in Puchong
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:40 pm by sierrabk5b

» 6th Floor Unit to let - Nov 23, 2013
Aluminium Casement Windows EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 pm by Han

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Aluminium Casement Windows

5 posters

Go down

Aluminium Casement Windows Empty Aluminium Casement Windows

Post by Preve88 Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm thinking of changing my living hall windows to a thicker grade white aluminium frames as the ones given by the developer was not properly fitted with big gaps even when closed. My unit is a corner unit & the rain would always pelt against the windows. Quite often the water will seep into my unit through the badly fitted joints of the frames. Anyone knows of any contractors who can do this job?
Preve88
Preve88
Security Guard
Security Guard

http://www.proton.com.my/

Back to top Go down

Aluminium Casement Windows Empty Re: Aluminium Casement Windows

Post by Sixers Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:28 am

I'm not sure u're supposed to change the windows as it will affect the facade of the condo. But then, if your windows are leaking then it has to be repaired or changed somehow. Best to check with management!
Sixers
Sixers
Cleaner
Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Preve88 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Has anyone heard of UPVC window frames. Supposed to have better sound insulation & heat/cold retention qualities. Maybe if we are allowed to change, we can do bulk buy!!
Preve88
Preve88
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by teaong Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 am

Preve88 wrote:Has anyone heard of UPVC window frames. Supposed to have better sound insulation & heat/cold retention qualities. Maybe if we are allowed to change, we can do bulk buy!!

bro, agreed with Sixer as we not suppose to change any facade look...current alumn frame is natural annodised finish & what you mentioned is UPV(1st time I heard got such material!) which are hard plastic like rain water down pipe materials...also this material strength is not there, fragile after exposed to extreme weather...

i think not only your unit having the leaking problem throught the poor installed window in living room. perhaps u can try to place some silicon along the frame & wall but access is very limited... Sad
teaong
teaong
Gardener
Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post by Preve88 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 pm

teaong wrote:
Preve88 wrote:Has anyone heard of UPVC window frames. Supposed to have better sound insulation & heat/cold retention qualities. Maybe if we are allowed to change, we can do bulk buy!!

bro, agreed with Sixer as we not suppose to change any facade look...current alumn frame is natural annodised finish & what you mentioned is UPV(1st time I heard got such material!) which are hard plastic like rain water down pipe materials...also this material strength is not there, fragile after exposed to extreme weather...

i think not only your unit having the leaking problem throught the poor installed window in living room. perhaps u can try to place some silicon along the frame & wall but access is very limited... Sad

UPVC window frames not so common here but when i was studying & working in UK it was very common there. Think there are very few companies in msia that supplies it. It actually offers better security as the material is more rigid than alloy frames & made to withstand weather, but not sure cos here not many ppl use it.

http://www.garlightglass.com/products_details.asp?id=17

Anyway i was thinking if we can change the window frames if we use back same configuration for the windows like present ones. Want to change it to the white anodised ones with thicker frames & better noise/weather insulation. Really kenot tahan all the water seeping into the living hall anymore. I tried using sealant on joints but i didn't help cos water just finds its way through another spot!!! Crying or Very sad
Preve88
Preve88
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by teaong Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm

bro, look like not only your house having leaking prob at living area...
did u see any crack line either internally & external? if the water seepage between window frame & wall, do you see any water stained mark internally?
my suggestion is, work with office to arrange sky-lift(if not mistaken RM600/day, share cost among the affected units) to do a layer of waterproofing coat, seal the gaps all round the window frames & repainting... Surprised
teaong
teaong
Gardener
Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post by sierrabk5b Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Dunno about Preve, but i wouldn't mind hiring a skylift if we can get a few owners who are experiencing the same leaky problem. But provided that i'm allowed to change the window frames to thicker ones. Of course we would have to follow the facade & cut of the present windows for uniformity. No point just keeping the developer given ones as they don't close properly with big gaps!
sierrabk5b
sierrabk5b
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by teaong Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 pm

sierrabk5b wrote:Dunno about Preve, but i wouldn't mind hiring a skylift if we can get a few owners who are experiencing the same leaky problem. But provided that i'm allowed to change the window frames to thicker ones. Of course we would have to follow the facade & cut of the present windows for uniformity. No point just keeping the developer given ones as they don't close properly with big gaps!

bro, u are having the same prob as well? first thing is to determine where is the water coming from? wil it possible due to the harden gasket(rubber) of the window? Shocked
teaong
teaong
Gardener
Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post by sierrabk5b Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm

teaong wrote:
sierrabk5b wrote:Dunno about Preve, but i wouldn't mind hiring a skylift if we can get a few owners who are experiencing the same leaky problem. But provided that i'm allowed to change the window frames to thicker ones. Of course we would have to follow the facade & cut of the present windows for uniformity. No point just keeping the developer given ones as they don't close properly with big gaps!

bro, u are having the same prob as well? first thing is to determine where is the water coming from? wil it possible due to the harden gasket(rubber) of the window? Shocked

Mine is not so bad although water still seeps in when there's heavy rain. BUt if given a choice I would like to change the windows to better quality ones (the ones in white) for noise insulation & aesthetic reasons. Some of my windows don't shut properly now with big gaps & the wind even comes through it!
sierrabk5b
sierrabk5b
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by teaong Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

sierrabk5b wrote:
teaong wrote:

Mine is not so bad although water still seeps in when there's heavy rain. BUt if given a choice I would like to change the windows to better quality ones (the ones in white) for noise insulation & aesthetic reasons. Some of my windows don't shut properly now with big gaps & the wind even comes through it!

bro, i guess your window cannot shut properly is due to loosening handle...this can be easily kaw tim. Unscrew the 2 screws, tightern the 1 hidden screw at the back of the handle, screw back the 2 screws & your window will be very tight... Razz
teaong
teaong
Gardener
Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post by terrylee Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 pm

If you guys trying to change it, please include me as well.

terrylee
Cleaner
Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Preve88 Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm

terrylee wrote:If you guys trying to change it, please include me as well.

Sure thing Terrylee. No probs, the more the merrier!

BTW are u the same Terry in the old forum? If so, pls PM admin in the old forum for your verification code. Tks.
Preve88
Preve88
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by sierrabk5b Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm

It's really raining very heavily now. This is the first time i see rain pelting so hard against my windows. Looks like the wind is blowing hard against the back of Sierra. Hoping that my windows don't start leaking! pale
sierrabk5b
sierrabk5b
Security Guard
Security Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by terrylee Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 am

Preve88
Yap I am the one

terrylee
Cleaner
Cleaner